Wednesday, February 9, 2022

This is what it's all about

The European Green Deal is currently The Program with an ambitious goal to transform the EU into a modern, resource-efficient and competitive economy, ensuring:

  • no net emissions of greenhouse gases by 2050
  • economic growth decoupled from resource use
  • no person and no place left behind
The program is taking actions on climate, energy, agriculture, finance, environment, finance and regional development, and so much more. It's a huge joint effort where countries are committed to work towards common goals. It's all very overwhelming but one of the pursuits is that no-one is left behind so that all of EU can work together as one front.

https://ec.europa.eu/info/strategy/priorities-2019-2024/european-green-deal_en

The program takes into consideration all three aspects of corporate responsibility: ecological, economical and social. This program was also the first thing I learned about when I hadn't even started my studies yet, because it was used as a material for the entrance exam.

The image above paints a beautiful picture of the future where all the goals of the Green Deal have been met. There are, however, many possible obstacles and difficulties on the way before we reach the finish line. I'm hoping to get into them on my next post. But until then, let's enjoy this beautiful picture of the desirable future.

I have to say, that this self learning has so far been really rewarding. Even though some of the things have been somewhat familiar, I have learned something new through each of my posts. Writing has also made me think about what I am writing about and why. It has made me wonder the direction I am going and whether it genuinely serves the purpose of this course and myself. I really hope to get answers to these questions in the upcoming small group discussion called Inhale 3.


https://ec.europa.eu/info/strategy/priorities-2019-2024/european-green-deal_en



No comments:

Post a Comment

When all is said and done - grading

This just in: the teaching team has gone through all the portfolios and has graded them. Here is the feedback they gave me. 😊  Hi Heli, Sin...