Saturday, January 15, 2022

About the portfolio

For me, a portfolio as a learning tool is something completely new. I searched 'portfolio' on line and found a page that explains about tools and methods for learning and self evaluating. Here is the address:  

http://www02.oph.fi/asiakkaat/itsearviointi/suomi/opetus/portfol.html#port 

It's still not very clear to me but it says on the page that a portfolio can for example be an expression of different processes and methods, and that it can appear in many forms. I'm guessing there may be as many layouts as there are people making portfolios. Huh, that's a relief. I chose this way, a blog, because I've written a blog before and I'm somewhat comfortable with it. Oh yeah, and it's in English simply because I love the language. 

The function of this portfolio is to follow my path in self development and learning on the subject of responsible sustainability, mainly corporate responsibility and resource-wiseness. It is born as a product for a course (Corporate responsibility and resource-wiseness) I'm currently attending at Lapland University of Applied Sciences but will probably live on even after the course. This is a place for me to contemplate my learning process.

The objective of the course on an individual level is that afterwards: 'the student is familiar with the principles of the green economy and the ways of operating responsibly and resource-wisely. Student is able to tell about different ways to promote climate neutrality in business, and knows how to apply responsible and resource-wise business development methods in business.'

In addition to this, the course intends to introduce the method of transformative learning. To this end, we are divided into small groups and the course is implemented in four sections called 'inhale'. Transformative learning is also new to me so this should be interesting.

The key word here is process. It is not about the beginning or the end, only the journey matters here. 'Trust the process.'

Kuva Pexels Andrea Piacquadio 17.02.2022







No comments:

Post a Comment

When all is said and done - grading

This just in: the teaching team has gone through all the portfolios and has graded them. Here is the feedback they gave me. 😊  Hi Heli, Sin...